NEW Oxygen Study
Key Findings of Primary Analysis:
- Every patient used less oxygen when using VOCSN compared to when using HT70. Using 30 “average” patients with 24-hour oxygen requirements for 31 days:
- Patients using VOCSN used 75% less oxygen compared to patients using HT70.
- Oxygen expenditures decreased by 75%.
- Total oxygen expenditures (including delivery fee, tax, and flat monthly fee) decreased by 53%.
- Annualized cost savings for total oxygen use at the facility was $16,125.
- Annualized cost savings per patient for total oxygen use at the facility was $538.
- Nine percent of patients transitioned to VOCSN in the after period no longer required oxygen and nine percent were weaned from the ventilator.