(Date of Last Revision: October 10, 2016)
The website www.venteclife.com (hereinafter "the Site") is owned and operated by Ventec Life Systems, Inc. (“Ventec,” “we,” or “us”). The Site provides informational content in the form of educational and experimental content and social networking for persons focusing on heath, wellness, and caregiving (the “Services”).
Ventec recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and the users of the Site. However, some uses of such information are¬¬¬ required for us to conduct legitimate business by providing information of interest to our customers and the users of the Site.
Notice to California, U.S.A. Residents
Notice to Utah, U.S.A. Residents
Except as expressly identified below, we do not disclose a user’s Personal Data to any third party for such third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Notice to Europe Economic Area Residents
Information Collection and Use
Through your use of the Services, we may collect the following “Personal Data” from you if you choose to provide it, including:
- Your name, email, username, phone number, company, and address (“Contact Information”)
- Your credit card number, billing address, shipping address, security code, and other payment transaction and verification details (“Payment Information”)
- Your job function, annual income, and home ownership status
- Pages and products viewed, items added to your shopping cart, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system, IP address, and device information (“Analytical Information”)
- Publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification
- Your mobile operating system (OS), a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifier
How Your Personal Data May Be Used
We may use Analytical Information to customize the advertising and content you see on our pages; to improve the performance or layout of our website; to develop new services and ideas; and to better administer and troubleshoot our systems.
We may use Contact Information and other Personal Data to provide you with the Services on the Site; to evaluate and improve the Services; to provide access to certain password-protected areas of the Site; to fulfill your requests for information; and to contact you about Ventec products or services and those of our affiliates, based on the preferences you have indicated; and your Payment Information will be used by our third-party payment service providers to process any payments you make to us using the Site.
We will give you the opportunity to "opt out" of receiving any unsolicited information from us or to limit the unsolicited information you receive from us to information regarding the Services or information you specifically request or information we determine you may find useful as a result of your use of the Site.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We need to share your information to provide the products or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Ventec to provide a product or service to you (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the Personal Data we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- We find that your actions on our websites violate the Terms and Conditions of Use , any of our usage guidelines for specific services, or any agreement; and
- We are required to respond to or initiate subpoenas, court orders, or legal processes.
In the event you voluntarily share personal or sensitive information on a publicly available product or service review, on a message board, or in a chat room offered by the Site, please be advised that such information may be collected and used by the other users of the Site who have access to such message boards and chat rooms. Ventec shall have no liability resulting from the misuse of information you voluntarily share during your use of the Site. Ventec shall have no obligation to police the message boards and chat rooms, but has the ability to remove such information in its sole discretion.
We use “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons, embedded scripts), to help provide you a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your Shopping Cart between visits);
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. At the beginning of each of your visits to our websites, the website also provides the ability to turn off all non-strictly necessary cookies for the Ventec websites during that visit. Please be advised that disabling cookies through either method may impact many of our websites’ features.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in common internet browsers are provided at the links below:
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Cookie Name – ASPXAnonymous
Cookie Category – Functionality
Purpose – Allows us to track user until they log into the site
Opt out – Yes – user can set their browser to not allow this cookie
Cookie Name – ASP.net_SessionID
Cookie Category – Strictly Necessary
Purpose – Tracks all of the users’ current session information such as user id, form data, assessments, etc. until user commits.
Opt out – No
Cookie Name – _ga_gat
Cookie Category – Analytical/Performance
Purpose – Google Analytics cookies to track user visit information. Allows us to get higher SEO rankings
Opt out – Yes – user could opt out in browser settings
Cookie Name – Authentication
Cookie Category – Strictly Necessary
Purpose – Just a 1 or 0 indicating if user is logged in or not.
Opt out – No
Cookie Name – Language
Cookie Category – Strictly Necessary
Purpose – User’s browser default language
Opt out – No
Help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently;We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Obtain your feedback on our products and the Services;
- Allow you to engage in our social media offerings (e.g., clicking the “Like” button on our website).
- Google Analytics:
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our website does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals. However, we do provide choices about what Ventec ads you receive through the opt-out links in the Cookies section above.
Ability to Review and Edit Your Information
You may review and approve the Contact Information about you that was stored in our database and obtained through your use of or registration on the Site. Upon your written request mailed to the address below, we will remove that information from our database or change or correct personal data that you state is erroneous within applicable regulatory or other legal requirements. You should understand, however, that information about you in our database might come from a number of sources.
We will maintain reasonable safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Personal Data. However, no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We reserve the right to change, modify or otherwise update this policy at any time. These changes or updates will be effective immediately. We may provide you notice of such changes when they are material, such notice may be given by posting on this Site, by electronic or conventional mail or by any other means by which you obtain notice of the changes or updates.
Policies of Other Sites
Ventec Life Systems, Inc.
19021 120th Ave NE, Suite 101
Bothell, Washington 98011